About the Venue - Round Room, The Mansion House
The Round Room at The Mansion House has been Ireland's premier events venue since 1821 located at Dublin's best address - Dawson St, Dublin 2.
The Round Room at the Mansion House was built in 1821 to receive King George IV as it was deemed that there was no room grand enough in the city to receive royalty. It was in this room, in 1919 that the first Dail Eireann was held: Making the first definitive parliamentary move for Home rule 70 of the elected Irish representatives did not attend West Minister but pledged to the First Irish parliamentary meeting ever held in Ireland instead. In 1921, 100 years after the room was built to receive the British monarch, the Anglo-Irish Treaty was ratified here. The ratification ended the Anglo Irish War, created Ireland as a Free State and caused the Civil War.
After a large amount of refurbishment in the 1990s , the room has now returned to its former glory as the grandest room with its large banquet hall for gala dinners, conferences, meetings, and exhibitions in Dublin.