Its main functions are:
- To provide strategic direction on the technical developments and market opportunities for software companies and the skills strategies and programmes required by the sector, particularly in relation to software development skills.
- To oversee all major decisions on strategy, activities, and developments of the network
- To identify the industry trends, challenges and strategic direction of the software sector in Ireland
- To prioritise which training and education programmes and seminars should be developed and delivered by the network and to appoint colleges, trainers and consultants as providers to the network.
- To provide direction and support to the network manager on the aims, objectives and priorities of the ISA Software Skillnet.
- To ensure that the grant provided to the network is used for up-skilling activities that are of benefit to member companies
- To monitor the key output targets that have been agreed with the funding body as a condition of the grant funding and ensure that the network meets or exceeds all key performance measures